Friday, May 8, 2009

Article by Dr.Manohar- Advisor, New Life

Internet - A vulnerable place for childrenI've been using internet a lot in the last 6 years. Of all the benefits technology has gifted mankind I also see that it is one of those vulnerable places for children. Well, I don't have a child yet, but it's on its way - and I'm more concerned about how my child will use technology. Our generation is special because we are the only ones who have tasted life WITH technology and WITHOUT technology. Our child will not know how life is without a computer and my grandpa will not know how life is with a computer. I believe that technology, with a lot of benefits also has left most of us vulnerable to the predators.Although in India it has not yet been so bad, but I'm sure the western-culture that we are getting soaked into will lead into a lot of troubles soon. I've been learning quite a lot about online securities and though I'm not an expert, I still advise my friends on how to keep them protected on the internet. Recently I was talking to one my friends in the US and discussing about securities we started with a topic: Child sex in the USA. There is a show that is hosted by NBC TV, USA. They have a team who chats with the adults online and pretend to be a female and they make sure they tell thier age as less than 18. In the US it is illegal to have sex with a minor girl. Once the guy asks if they cud meet for fun, the girl gives him an address and gets the guy to the honey-pot (trap) set up by the TV guys. Once he comes in, the TV guys show up and questions them.. if the guy tries to escape, the cops are outside waiting to arrest him. I was watching a few videos and well - some are beyond our imaginations. I was like: Oh God, is there guys like this also???? Anyway, since that video is not sutiable for everyone to watch I'm not posting the link here. However, if the moderator thinks that the video will help us and if he requests, I can post the link. For those who have already known about that, you will know what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment